Thoughts on the Way Home

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Great Attraction of Heaven - William Plumer

-------

"Your heart must not be troubled. In My Father's
house are many dwelling places. I am going away
to prepare a place for you. I will come back and
receive you to Myself, so that where I am--you
may be also!" John 14

"I desire to depart and be with Christ, which
is better by far!" Philippians 1:23

The great attraction of heaven is the Lord Jesus
Christ!
He Himself is the object chiefly enjoyed. To
be with Jesus, and like Jesus, and to behold His glory
--constitute the heaven which true believers desire!
They long to behold that blessed face which was
buffeted for them! Their eternal anthem is, "All
praise to Him who loves us and has freed us from
our sins by shedding His blood for us! Give to Him
everlasting glory! He rules forever and ever! Amen!"
Revelation 1:5-6

-William S. Plumer, "Sinners Saved by Unmerited Kindness"

HT: Grace Gems

-------