Thoughts on the Way Home

Friday, January 09, 2009

Seek the LORD

Many times the bible talks about "seeking God" as the responsibility of the lost man. But there is also a seeking that Christians do all throughout their lives:

--- --- ---

Psalm 27:4
One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple.

Psalm 105:4
Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually.

Isaiah 26:9
At night my soul longs for You,Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently; For when the earth experiences Your judgments The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Daniel 9:3
So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes.

Malachi 3:1
" Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the LORD of hosts.

Romans 2:7
to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;

Colossians 3:1
Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Hebrews 13:14
For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come.

--- --- ---

Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad.