Thoughts on the Way Home

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Two Essentials for the Workplace

-----
I knew two things that were essential. I knew I had to have an anointing, a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit every morning, so that through my very life my fellow-workers would be convicted of their sin of Christ rejection. Then I knew I had to breathe the fragrance of Christ wherever I went in that plant. So I arose every morning from my bed around six o'clock to have an hour and one-half hour alone with God. I prayed for grace never to lose my temper and that I might keep sweet in every possible circumstance. You see, you can't afford to talk about the Lord Jesus and then lose your temper when they provoke you. You can't retaliate; you've got to keep smiling. So I prayed for grace.

- James A. Stewart