Thoughts on the Way Home

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Radically Boring

-------


So you want to be a radical Christian, huh? You want to be a sold out, hardcore, all on the line, hold nothing back Christian. You don’t want to waste your life. You want to have crazy love for God. Awesome. So do I. I want to be a radical disciple for Jesus. 
But what exactly does that mean? How exactly do I be a radical Christian? I’ve been thinking a lot about that lately. This matters a lot to me. In Revelation Jesus says that he spits out lukewarm people, and I certainly don’t want to be a lukewarm Christian. I want to be a red hot Christian who is on fire for Jesus. 
So should I sell everything I have and be a traveling evangelist? Should I go immediately into the mission field? Should I give 75% of my income away? Should I read my Bible all the time and not watch TV or play video games? Well, maybe. But not necessarily. The more I read the Bible, the more I’m convinced that being radical for Jesus is actually pretty “boring” and “mundane”.

Read the rest HERE.

-------