Thoughts on the Way Home

Friday, August 03, 2012

None Like Christ

-------

If I never write any more, let these be my last words--

There is none like Christ, none like Christ, none like Christ! Nothing like redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

There is no learning or knowledge like the knowledge of Christ. No life like Christ living in the heart by faith. No work like the spiritual service of Christ. No riches or wealth like the unsearchable riches of Christ. No rest or comfort like the rest and consolations of Christ. No pleasure like the pleasure of fellowship with Christ.

Little as I know of Christ, I would not exchange the learning of one hour’s fellowship with Christ for all the learning of ten thousand universities during ten thousand ages, even if angels were my teachers.

- John Brown of Haddington, Scotland


HT: Mack T
-------