Thoughts on the Way Home

Thursday, April 10, 2008

With My Tears His Feet I'll Bathe

-------


1 Sweet the moments, rich in blessing,

Which before the cross I spend;

Life, and health, and peace possessing,

From the sinner's dying Friend.


2 Love and grief my heart dividing,

With my tears His feet I'll bathe;

Constant still in faith abiding,

Life deriving from his death.


3 Here I'll sit for ever viewing

Mercy streaming in His blood ;

Precious drops my soul bedewing,

Plead and claim my peace with God.


4 Here it is I find my heaven,

While upon the Lamb I gaze;

Here I see my sins forgiven,

Lost in wonder, love, and praise.


5 Lord, in ceaseless contemplation,

Fix my heart and eyes on Thee,

Till I taste Thy whole salvation,

And unveil'd Thy glories see.

-
James Allen and Walter Shirley

-------